Francesca Giacco’s SIX DAYS IN ROME Spaghetti all’acciughe (pasta with anchovies)
Spaghetti all'acciughe (Pasta with anchovies)
- 1/4 pound good quality butter
- 6 anchovy filets
- 1 pound fresh fettucine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Put 3/4 of the butter into a pan large enough to hold the cooked and drained pasta and melt over medium heat.
- Add the anchovies and stir till they are dissolved. Once the water has been brought to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Over medium heat, add the drained pasta to the pan with the butter and toss well to coat. Add about a quarter of a cup of the cooking water, stirring well. Turn off the heat and add the rest of the butter, and a bit more of the pasta water, and stir.