Jewell Parker Rhodes: PARADISE ON FIRE Coconut & Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Recipes adapted from AmbitiousKitchen.com.
PARADISE ON FIRE Coconut & Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- 3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries (or dried fruit of choice), optional
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Heat peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Mix together until well combined and smooth. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in protein powder until smooth, then fold in oats, chia seeds, coconut, and dried fruit if using. Place in a 8x4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. Drizzle over the tops of the bars. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from pan and cut into 10 bars or squares. Store bars in fridge tightly wrapped or in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.