THE BLOCK PARTY by Jamie Day: Lettie’s Mushroom Sliders
Adapted from carolynscooking.com.
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ¾ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 2 pull-apart slider rolls
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, shallots, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the shallots are soft. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and Worcestershire sauce and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Make topping: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, and place in a small bowl. Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and stir to combine. Cut rolls in half horizontally, leaving top and bottom rolls attached.
- Place roll bottoms on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the Gruyère and fontina cheeses over rolls. Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with tops and brush with topping.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until tops are lightly browned and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.